Wix merchants can use Back In Stock extension by installing OnVoard's app from Wix app marketplace.
After your store is connected, OnVoard will automatically sync products data from your store. Depending on the number of records you have, you may take up to a few hours for data to be fully synced.
OnVoard Back-In-Stock VS Wix Back-In-Stock
By default, Wix comes with it's own back-in-stock feature. See advantages to use OnVoard back-in-stock.
Before you Begin
- Ensure that you have activated Wix back-in-stock feature. This is required because Wix won't allow users to select out-of-stock variant if back-in-stock is not turned on. When OnVoard back-in-stock widget is active, we will automatically hide Wix's back-in-stock widget.
Things to Know
- When configuring product in Wix, manage/track inventory must be turned on in order to display back-in-stock widget for that specific product.
- Since Wix doesn't support products tagging, tags whitelist/blacklist won't be available for Wix merchants.
Setup Email Profile & Domain
To send notification emails, you need to have at least 1 email profile.
- Go to email profiles page.
- If email profile if not created, follow this guide to setup email profile.
- For better deliverability, we recommend setting up email domain as well.
Setup Back In Stock
Go to overview page and add a Back In Stock for your account.
Settings > Triggers that you want to use for back-in-stock. At least 1 trigger should be selected. Configure the rest of settings according to your preferences and save.
Placements for Inline Widgets
For inline widgets, you can use 2 types of placement to add widget to your site.
Product Page (Selector)
Use placement tool to visually insert widgets into your site without any technical work. See guide for selector placement.
If auto placement doesn't work for your site and you are not comfortable dealing with code, we highly recommend you to try using selector placement to insert widget.
Test your back-in-stock setup
Follow this guide to test your back-in-stock setup and ensure that it is working as expected.
Widgets not Working?
Need help installing?
If you need additional help to install, you can contact us.
We recommend reading the following articles to further understand how you can customize back-in-stock.
- List of available back-in-stock triggers
- Adding back-in-stock to Wix collection page
- Troubleshooting for Back In Stock