You can setup a SMTP profile that will use your own Postmark account for sending.
Why use your own Postmark account?
- You will gain full control over deliverability. For example, you can setup dedicated IP in your postmark account for sending.
- Save usage charges. OnVoard will charge your email transit usage instead of email sends usage when you use your own SMTP for sending.
- More in-depth email stats. You can login directly to your Postmark account to view raw email stats.
- You need your own Postmark account for this setup.
- Important: Please ensure that your Postmark account has been approved by Postmark team for sending external emails. Otherwise your emails will fail since your Postmark account has not been approved by them for sending external emails. See account approval process for Postmark?
1) Setup SMTP Profile
Go to smtp profiles page to add a new smtp profile.
- Select Own SMTP for sender.
- Select Postmark for SMTP provider.
2) Postmark Config
Next, we need Account API Token for your postmark account. To retrieve the value, go to Postmark > Account > API Tokens and locate value from there.
With that, you should be able to create your SMTP profile.
3) Verify DNS Records
Before SMTP profile is eligible for sending, you need to verify DNS records for domain.
4) Using SMTP profile
To use SMTP profile, you can assign it to email profile.
How OnVoard manage your Postmark account
After SMTP profile is setup, OnVoard will automatically create a new server for Postmark account. It will be named something like
abcstore.com (OnVoard Managed). In general, you should avoid making modifications to this server since it will be handled and used by OnVoard for sending. Do not mix this server for sending with other services. Setup another server instead.
Important - do not modify the webhook added by OnVoard. We use webhooks to track your email stats on our end. You may lose data if the created webhook is modified.
OnVoard will also provision specified domain in your Postmark account.
How to cleanup profile in Postmark after SMTP Profile delete?
When you delete SMTP profile, we will only remove it from OnVoard platform. You still need to manually delete the created server and domain in your Postmark account. Of course, you can opt to keep the created server and domain for archive purposes.