Segments allows you to categorize contacts based on conditions. Contacts segmentation helps you determine who you want to deliver your emails to. It is also commonly used as flow triggers.
Contacts can be segmented based on various rules.
Segment based on contact's past activities like email clicks, checkouts, and purchases. In this example, segment contacts if they have:
- placed a Shopify Order
- at least once
- within the last 6 hours
- where total price is greater than 100
Segment based on contact's properties like email status, country, and age.
Segment based on associated resource. In this example, segment contacts if they are:
- existing Shopify Customer
- where total spent on Shopify store is greater than 100
Segment based on whether contacts is in a specific list.
Segment based on whether contacts is in a specific segment.
Segment in Flows
Segments are commonly used as triggers to start a flow.
For example, let's say you have a Birthday Soon segment that includes contacts whose birthday is within 30 days.
You can use flow to automatically send contacts an email with birthday greetings whenever they are added to Birthday Soon segment.
Go to segment library page to view a list of pre-packaged segments that you can use to help you setup your own segments.
- First-Time Buyers: Customers who have made exactly one purchase at your store.
- Loyal Customers: Customers have who placed at least 1 order within the last 365 days. and at least 3 times over all time.
- Repeat Customers: Customers who have purchased more than once.
- Gold Customers: Customers who've spend at least $500.
- All Customers: Contacts who've spend more than $0.
- Birthday Soon: Upcoming birthday within the next 30 days
- Potential Buyers: Contacts who've engaged recently (last 30 days) but didn't make a purchase.
- Repurchase Opportunities: Existing customers who haven't placed an order within the last 180 days.
- Recent Purchase: Customers who have made a purchase recently within the last 14 days.
- New Contacts: Newly added contacts within the last 14 days.
- Unengaged: Contacts who've not opened or clicked any emails within the last 180 days. Must receive at least 10 emails. Excludes contacts who've unsubscribed from emails.
- Is from EU: Contacts who are from EU. Use this to identify contacts for GDPR.
- Not from EU: Contacts who are NOT from EU. This segment includes contacts with unknown location.
- Age (Baby Boomers): 56 years old and above.
- Age (Gen X): Age between 41 to 55.
- Age (Gen Y): Age between 26 to 40.
- Age (Gen Z): Age less than 26 years old.