You can setup fallback recommenders to be shown when the primary recommender doesn't have any recommendations. One common example is to use Similar Items as fallback for Frequently Bought Together and Also Bought recommendations since not all products will have sufficient purchase history.
Setting up Fallback Recommender
Go to recommenders page and add a new recommender.
- Filter by Fallback to get eligible logics for fallback recommender.
- Click Build Recommender to continue.
- Select Fallback for view.
- Customize the rest of configurations according to your preference and save recommender.
Assign Fallback Recommender
Once created, you can assign fallback recommender.
- Go to recommenders page click Fallback button for recommender and specify fallback.
- Once that is done, we will automatically serve fallback recommender is the primary recommender doesn't have any recommendations.