This is to avoid conflicts in configurations for your ecommerce platform. For example, let's say if we allow 1 store to be connected to 2 different accounts, A and B. Given the following scenario:
- Account A set
install scriptsas turned on.
- Account B set
install scriptsas turned off.
In this case, OnVoard won't be able to decide if we should install scripts onto your store since both accounts specify different install settings.
What if I want to switch store connection to another account?
While it is possible, we generally don't recommend switching store connection to another account since you will lose existing settings and data from your original account. You can follow the steps below to switch store connection to another account.
- Uninstall app connections from your ecommerce platform.
- Go to connections page for each apps that you're using and resync connections for ecommerce platform. For example, marketing platform connections page. This will invoke connections resync to check for uninstallation.
- Wait for a few minutes for resync to process in the background.
- After that, reload connections page. Connections should now be set as Inactive.
- Delete connections that you don't want to keep in current account. Keep in mind that only inactive connections can be deleted.
- Once all these are done, you can switch to another account and connect your store from there.